The Government-maintained web sites are the most accessible and reliable sources of legislation.
Key legislation for NSW include:
- Protection of the Environment Administration Act 1991
- Protection of the Environment Operations (General) Regulation 1998
- Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control Regulation) 2000
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Water Management Act 2000
- Fisheries Management Act 1994
- Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995
- National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974
- Local Government Act 1993
- Native Vegetation Act 2003